Thursday 28 June 2012

Masking Over Spilt Soup: My Experience with Febreeze

It was only a split second when my fingers turned to butter. It was that very second when I was holding a bowl of spicy fish soup over my lap.

"Thank God you didn't mess up the carpet," said my colleague and she laughed as she saw that giant wet patch on the left leg of my jean. Thankfully it was on my lap and not my groins. Otherwise the rest of the office would have mistaken that I pissed my pants silly. The shitty thing was it wasn't water. My jeans are stinking of fish.

Using a copious amount of tissue, I had to blot away excess soup. Proceeding to the washroom, I continued the blotting act with damp paper towels.

When that was done, I went over to my desk to find the chemical solution to get rid of the odour- a spray bottle of Febreeze. The last time I used Febreeze was my NS days. I used it on my uniforms, both clean and used, to rid of any strench. The purchase then was due to its high-budget television comercial. Lately, I came across Febreeze in the Power of Habit. In the book, it talked about the brief history of Febreeze and its rocky start despite how effective it was. Facing with a stinky room, I decided to get a bottle of Febreeze when it was on sale. That bottle is placed under my desk for those rare moments. Today was the day. 

The fresh scent immediately masked the smell of my stain. However I was waiting for my stain to dry up. There is a chemical in Febreeze that actually bonds with the stink molecules to make the latter odorless.  When the wet patch dried, the smell was gone.  After a day's work, I sniffed closely to the spot where the soup stain formerly was to only detect a very faint smell of the soup and a faint Febreeze stain.

Once again, Febreeze fixed my day. I think it is a good product for many people. Here are some possible uses.
1. For jean lovers who hates the idea of washing their jeans after each use, you can get rid of sweat smells with a mist shower of Febreeze.
2. The same goes for blazers or clothes that requires dry cleaning. You can save a few trips to the dry-cleaners depending on type of clothes and fabric.
3. Stinky sneakers. Useful for the sporty types.
4. Texture furnitures.
5. Carpets
6. Curtains
7. Car interiors
8. Military uniforms for the NS boys. It is more effective than the most expensive perfume on the market.

Finally this is the chart topper.
9. Siskkek is this affordable Korean BBQ located at Novena. The service there is very good. Its shitty point is the poor ventilation. You will end up smelling like you have walked out a Korean kitchen or bloody Pepper Lunch. The management there offer you free use of their bottle of Febreeze to rid the oily porky smell. 

Now that's customer service!

Soldier on people!

No comments:

Post a Comment