Wednesday 27 June 2012

Scandal Causes City Harvest Church to be Deep in China Wine

This morning, my dad was ranting to me about what a cheat Pastor Kong Hee from CHC is to misappropriating funds for his wife's career.

For the record, Kong Hee, founder of the City Harvest Church, has just posted bail for half a million Singapore dollars. At this point in time, they are not found guilty yet. You can read more about this case here.

Nevertheless my dad cannot help but feel emotional about it due to his sister's children are followers of this church. I have never met them, hence there is little motivation for me to feel outraged. I am not a follower of the church and I never donate a single dime to this place. Hence I am not motivated to feel outraged.

To be truthful, I personally wish that they are really guilty. I knew people whom I truly dislike from that church telling me that being gay is wrong and criminalizing me for it. I cannot wait to learn of their reaction that 10% of their income might have contributed to this "great video".


These are the comments I am seeing.

Contrary to the comments, in full honesty, I am in love with this video. 

How can I not love this video when it never fails to crack me up each time I watch it? It is looks like some massive car crash except it reeks of scanty dressed women, cigarette smoke and booze. Then again, I may be wrong here.

Here are my highlights for the video:

1. At the beginning I always mishear Sun Ho yelling "Me want to see your lighter! Sing from the Hoo-Ha (aka Pussy)". Suddenly Sun Ho sounds like she has forgotten basic grammar and she is able to produce sounds from her private parts.

2. That funny retro hairdo! Loving that.



3. It is hilariously racist. In one part of the world at least, people must be thinking that Chinese people dance like that and speak Mandarin like that. In fact, they may even think we are not able to speak proper English, only in common clichés.

4. I do hope some Japanese community is totally outraged that Sun Ho uses the stage-name of Geisha while dressing and dancing like that. 

5. I love the crazy dancing, not so much on the ending dialogue where we found out that Geisha the dancer sucks at both Mandarin and English.

China Wine is generally a fun video. It is not every Sunday where I get to see a middle-aged wife of a pastor shake her booty like that with an equally jiggly entourage. Then again I do not go to church. Hence I do not know what is the latest happenings.

Here is my take, if the congregation of CHC or Singaporeans need something to focus their anguish on, it should be for Sun Ho's following video "Kill Bill". It was a total snooze where we had Sun Ho faking a Jamaican accent and painting her face like an drugged-up amateur totally failed Drag Queen.




Call out to a fellow bloggie, Shiroi Ryuu, for blogging his take on the CHC Scandal for inspiring me to blog about this scandal despite being off tangent. China Wine!  China Wine!  China Wine!

Soldier On People!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad your are inspired by my blog, hope that my future entry will be able to inspired more people in the future.

    Regards
    Shiroi Ryuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, i had added your blog into my links.

    ReplyDelete